Advancement via Individual Determination (AVID)
Hello Grizzly Family! We are excited to be growing the AVID program to LOHS. This is our third year of implementation for AVID and we are looking forward to seeing this program develop and grow into a true success for our students. We now have a freshman, sophomore and Junior AVID class. Below is some information that gives you a better understanding of what AVID is and the purpose of the program. The AVID students for the 2016-17 school year have already been selected, however, please note that the application process for next year’s AVID eligible students will begin in the early part of second semester. Parents, teachers and students will be notified about when this process will begin. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Awesome job to the AVID students at LOHS, and GO Grizzlies!!!!
What is AVID?
What is AVID?
- AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- The purpose of AVID is to increase school wide learning and performance by closing achievement gaps and preparing all students for college and career readiness.
What is the criteria to be in AVID?
- Students with GPA’s of 2.0-3.5
- Students who have scored average or above average on state standardized tests
- Students who may become the first in their family to go to college
- Students who may be on free or reduced lunch
- Students who are traditionally underserved in four-year colleges
How Effective is AVID?
How Effective is AVID
|CJUHSD High Schools with Full AVID Programs||Chaffey HS||Etiwanda HS||Montclair HS||Ontario HS|
|# of Seniors||62||35||83||24|
|% Complete A-G Requirements||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|% Took SAT and/or ACT||100%||97.2%||100%||100%|
|% Took at least one AP Exam||72.6%||54.3%||78.3%||62.5%|
|% Accepted to a 4-Year College or University||98.4%||91.4%||97.6%||100%|