The volunteer program at Chaffey Joint Union High School District (CJUHSD) is designed to encourage volunteer participation, while ensuring that steps are taken to protect the safety and interests of our students. We thank you and support your efforts in helping our students and school staff.
A school volunteer is a person who is willing to take time to share wisdom and experience with those on the threshold of the future...our students. A school volunteer helps to expand and enrich the students' learning experience by working under the direction of school staff.
Education is a team effort, and volunteers are a very critical part of the school team. Your involvement on our campus shows our students that you are concerned, that you value them as young adults, and that you want to help them succeed and be the best they can be.
It is our hope that the District Volunteer Handbook will serve as a reference for our volunteers. These guidelines have been established to provide a highly effective program that ensures a safe environment for the volunteer, the students, and our staff members.
We are extremely appreciative of our community resources and thank you for providing your precious time, individual talents, and expertise as a school volunteer.
New school volunteers need to complete all requirements PRIOR to volunteering at our school. The complete list of requirements is identified below.
Prospective volunteers must complete the following:
- Volunteer Worker Application Form required with proof of identification, such as a California Driver's License or California ID
- Fingerprint Clearance through the State of California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- A negative Tuberculosis (TB) clearance taken within 60 days of initial service and every four years thereafter
- An Emergency Card
- A Confidentiality Agreement
- The Hold Harmless and Waiver of Liability - Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment - Adult Volunteer Activity Agreement
All requirements are necessary to ensure the welfare and safety of our students. Badges will be issued by the Personnel Department and will be returned at the conclusion of service.
Please contact the Assistant Principal of Educational Services for all necessary paperwork or with any questions.
Assistant Principal of Educational Services
Phone - (909) 477-6900 Ext 2026
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org